Thursday 27 December 2007

Dan Wilde,

You were a fierce competitor of mine while I worked for NASA at the Technology Application Center. You incisive wit and excellent grasp of the subject, as well as the politics of the business, made you a formidable opponent. When I quit TAC in 1978 to start my own business, you and I buried the hatchet at the Online meeting in San Francisco. If we had known before what we learned then......... Ever since you have been a worthy ally. Not much later, at the Cranfield Meeting in England, we stood in the glass atrium of the building next door and spoke for hours about taking NERAC private. A hard decision for you and obviously the right one.

I enjoy the verbal fencing and debates we have about the direction of the industry and our own businesses. I hope they go on for years to come. Sitting in the back of the ASIDIC meetings with you while you listen to the sessions and read the Wall Street is a hoot! Your stage whispered comments carry to the front, alter the proceedings, and unsettle the speakers. You enjoy the reactions. The "old fire for effect" will always work well for you!

Thanks for the dinners at DuBrunos at the London Online meetings. I will arm wrestle Kevin for that three cream crepe anytime!

Happy Birthday my OLD friend !!

Margie Hlava