Thursday 27 December 2007

Dan.

Although I was not one of the privileged to work for you, for a few minutes you thought I was.

Recall a Trade Show in Philadelphia back in early 2000. I accompanied Mike and, as I have an IT background, I offered to help set up the Nerac Booth. There I was, looking like a typical IT schlep on my hands and knees, running computer cords when you approached the booth looking for Mike.

I introduced myself and commented that you must be thrilled to retire. You’d worked hard and now it was time to enjoy life to the fullest. “Let it all go, and turn the company over completely to the young kids. They’ll do fine!”

I had a distinct feeling you didn’t want to hear it at the time, especially from some unknown whipper-snapper employee. When we met again at dinner you learned who I was. We had great chats about your hobbies, worldly travels, and the mid-west where I’m from. Since that first meeting we’ve had the chance to meet again numerous times.

And now, at 70, with retirement in full swing, you are enjoying the fact that the “”Kids” are doing fine with the company and you can concentrate on having the best time of your life.

Sincere best wishes for a Happy Birthday.

Barb Schmitt